D-chroyt
So I decided to add a new blogroll section, that of my home town of Detroit. I live only 10 minutes from the actual city, and I must admit, I have been there at least 5 times. Ha. A little more than that.
I will have an internship downtown next semester, so I will be seeing her quite often. I have heard good things about Mexicantown, like the fact that real mexican food is down there (and real mexicans too, silly mexicans!). One of the things I miss most about California is a real carne asada taco and burrito... Speaking of mexicans, the other bastion of our descendants from the South is Pontiac (an hour north of Detroit). The main mall near Pontiac is Great Lakes Crossing, in which I had the pleasure of shopping for Christmas gifts. I was walking out of a store and kind of bumped in to a hispanic lady who was like "stupido", which I think means stupendous in mexican. I of course replied with, "gracias puta" which I think means "thanks friend." It felt nostalgic. I long for the left coast.
Back to the D list; I only have four blogs on now, but as I go through the Wonk's list (which is ridiculously big), I am sure I will add more. I picked those because I read Wonk, Croaker, and Girl in the D sometimes, and Got Detroit because it recently gave me a shoutout, and by shoutout, I mean called me a nerd.
5 Comments:
I listened to your podcast. Or part of it, 15 minutes is a lot to ask. I'll be honest...I don't think it totally sucked.
Yeah, maybe we'll make it shorter. Thanks for the honesty.
Got Detroit mentioned me too, but I'm not sure it was in a positive way :). Any press is good press though.
As usual..Croaker is wise and Croaker is good! ;) Thanks for the link ESBR!
No problem Ray, I'm just returning the favor -- quite late in fact.
Post a Comment
<< Home