- Show quoted text -
Free Web Counter

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Message Board Nerds

My complaint is about nerds who frequent certain message boards. I have noticed this phenomenon from reading certain message boards like the ones of a certain local radio station, and the Lost message boards.
I go to the Lost message boards usually after an episode to see what people noticed about the episode (they have Tivo's and catch everything) and the boards are flooded with idiots who are there to socialize. I have to wonder what kind of a shithead has to socialize on a Lost message board? Well, they call themselves the "misfits" and thus organized a title for the group of douche bags on the message board. I went there right now and of course there is a misfits post infecting all the other posts at the top. Here is an excerpt:

Here are the rules now: (#5 is the most important)1. No rudeness unless provoked!2. Forget the craziness outside because it is in here!!! 3. Come in your most fashionable shoes!! 4. Have fun!!! 5. Remember YAH on your Christmas gift list!! 6. Thread Jacking is cool!



This is embarassing. On the local radio show message board I go to every once in 6 months, there are people who post every damn day who hate the shows and don't even listen to them. But they have created a social circle at the message boards, and probably because it prevents suicide, decide to go there everyday.
I am sure there are tons of Indy band websites that are patrolled by these idiots who decide to muck up their purpose with social conversation. Always on the Lost ones, people use the abbreviation "OT" for off-topic thread and ask about football or who feels sorry for themselves the most. Why put off topic shit on Lost's boards?
If you want to chit chat, create a blog people... Geez.

4 Comments:

At 4:24 PM PST, Blogger Smartypants said...

Message boards. ::shaking head::

 
At 5:59 PM PST, Blogger Zoe said...

Ok, I don't even know who the Ho is, but several weeks ago I dreamt I'm wearing a pair of white pants with a multicolored BLOG HO written over them!
Real weird!

 
At 10:29 PM PST, Blogger Clupbert said...

Two artsy fartsies
With their comments side by side
simply poetic

 
At 8:55 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha... oh those Lost fanatics. But yeally, message boards anywhere are full of nerds.

Did you already make that point? I'm tired.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home