Just keep on keepin' on
Detroit's Fuse-In '05 was a complete blast! Actually I mean it was a blast for a lot of people who like noise. Ahh I don't want to be hard on the electronic music festival, but I guess I am not just a party type guy.
Besides the complete cloud of weed and cigarettes, the highlight of the evening was Mos Def, the "poet" rapper. So I roll on down to this open auditorium because Mos Def is about to go on and it was just flat out packed. So what do you do when you have thousands of people waiting for someone? Well the hosts chose option: "bore us to death".
One bitch got up and was talking about how we, the citizens of Detroit, were helping continue the tradition of this being a music town and then she said and then she said and then she said- jesus christ you stupid bitch, I didn't come to this event nor to the Mos Def auditorium to listen to you act all self-important. I guarantee no one said, "Hey let's go to Fuse-In because I heard this bitch is going to talk us to death before Mos Def comes on".
Well to everyone's delight, she left the stage and a different host came on. This guy repeatedly made the claim that we were not noisy enough and this came as a surprise to me because every fucker around me was shouting his lungs out. After demanding more and more noise, he also eventually left and Mos Def came on.
Mos Def gave quite a long concert for a festival appearance and he said a lot of interesting poetic things like "mumble mumble, what's up detroit city, mumble, fuck". He had one guy up there(just standing doing nothing the whole time) who apparently just got done robbing a stagecoach because he had a handkerchief over the bottom of his face.
The best part though was seeing the people around us. For all the cops at the entrance, not a one was in there because everyone and their mother had time to roll their own out in the open.
There was this girl who was obviously completely wasted or on E or something right next to us dancing like crazy. She was really hot too, and it was like she was a dying man in the desert, because every creepy vulture guy circled in to grind this poor girl. She had enough and left that area because it was just going towards "group sex cameraphone video on the internet" time and I don't blame her.
Otherwise, it was an ok time. Some of the music was good and it's good to see something happening in Detroit that doesn't involve "insert cheap shot at Detroit here".
2 Comments:
I am leaving a post to compliment the whole entire blog site. I have not laughed so hard in about...., (wow, it's been that long), anyway, your site rocks. Thanks for the non- boreing relief!
-Melissa
I'm glad you're a new reader because I think all of our other ones died or something.
Post a Comment
<< Home